First let us talk about the basic things. The reason behind the thought of installing a security camera in the home is because of your security reasons right. So, you expect something like best to choose, which monitor your entire home or business surroundings throughout the day.
Even though the price of the security systems matters for you, the fact is that you will never compromise to get the outstanding security system for your home or business security purpose. As you feel that your home should not face any type of intrusion.
So, you have finally purchased a perfect security camera system for your needs. Now it is the time for installation. Let us imagine that you are a tech geek. You have an idea about each and every part of the security system or CCTV. So, with your knowledge about security cameras you have bought the best parts from various Surveillance Systems deals in your own city.
Now, you need to install the Security Camera System you bought right. What will you do now? Let me tell you something. Even though you have a complete idea about the CCTV parts, you need to hire a professional for installation of the Security Camera.
Because, you are not an expert in installing the security cameras right. So, you could not be able to fix all the measures and equipment of your security camera systems perfectly. If you try to do so, trust me people you will find some difficulty for sure. So, we recommend you to call for a professional to install your surveillance systems.
However, the professional installation results in cost. But the variation in cost for installation of any security camera depends on the model of the security camera system, structure of your house. Sometimes even the locality matters.
So, let us check out the factors that can affect the cost of installation of security cameras. Therefore you can get a possible idea about how to lower the installation cost of the CCTV systems.
- 1 Factors That Affect Installation Cost of Security Camera:
- 1.1 Depending On The Size of Your Home:
- 1.2 Depending On The Security Needs you Require:
- 1.3 Wired Security Camera System :
- 1.4 Wireless Security Cameras:
- 1.5 Location of Security Camera Installation:
- 1.6 Complexities of Security Camera Systems You Opted:
- 1.7 Monitored or Unmonitored System Services:
- 1.8 Motion Detection
- 1.9 Security System and Equipment Prices:
- 1.10 For Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) Cameras:
- 1.11 Depending upon the Types of Security Cameras
- 1.12 Indoor Security Camera and Outdoor Security Camera:
- 1.13 Resolution:
- 1.14 For Internet Protocol (IP) Security Camera Installation:
- 1.15 Field/Angle of View:
- 1.16 Night Vision and Infrared Illuminator
- 1.17 Monitored Security Services:
- 1.18 Audio Surveillance:
- 1.19 Labour:
- 1.20 Enhancement and improvement costs:
- 1.21 Additional considerations and costs
- 2 Average Cost for CCTV IP Security Camera Installation:
- 3 Security Surveillance Camera Systems Installation Cost in US, Australia, UK, Canada, India:
Factors That Affect Installation Cost of Security Camera:
Well, as mentioned in the earlier section security camera installation cost and price is different from one surveillance system to the other. Depending on the number, the type and the placement of your security cameras, the cost of installation varies.
Also the installation requirements will differ by system complexity, from stand-alone plug and play wire-free security cameras, to complex multi-camera security systems.
Moreover, if you hire a skilled CCTV camera installation technician, he will also quote some best price for you only after the inspection of your home and the needs. So, we will tell you the factors that have impact on CCTV surveillance camera installation cost in this post.
Depending On The Size of Your Home:
The larger areas will require more number of cameras for installation in order to cover the larger spaces. Also the resolution and field of vision of the security cameras for larger areas should be with higher quality. So, therefore, the more number of cameras means the installation charges will increase.
Depending On The Security Needs you Require:
In order to have 360-degree coverage on both inside and outside your home your requirement for cameras and angle of views will increase to deter criminal activity. This will also result in extra installation cost.
Wired Security Camera System :
Although the elements of the wired systems are more affordable, the installation process of the wired security cameras is higher than wireless. Because holes will be drilled, wires to be added, and conduit should be kept in proper place.
So, you should definitely hire a professional for installation. Apart from the upfront expenditure of the wired security cameras, the real drawback is fixed locations. Wire Security Camera Systems are tougher to install.
Professional help is recommended for sure. So, the average cost is about $150 to $200 per camera. However, the wired surveillance systems cannot be hacked remotely, jammed. Also they will have power built in often with battery backups for power outages.
Wireless Security Cameras:
Wireless security systems are very easy to install. This makes to be a choice of DIY systems too. A DIY installation of a wireless security system will cost you $0. But with the help of the professional you also you may be charges about $100 per camera only. Also the wireless surveillance systems are easy to move and almost always offer remote access.
But these systems have some drawbacks that include no direct power source. And they must be installed within your homes wireless network range in order to function in a proper way.
Furthermore, the wireless systems come with lower resolution than wired ones. Also they can be easily hacked remotely. Wireless Security Systems are also subject to signal interference.
Location of Security Camera Installation:
An important factor that will subjects to the cost of security camera installation is the location of your Surveillance system installation. If you are out of the city outskirts a security camera installation professional will have to travel to your location right.
This could affect your cost of the CCTV installation. Because you need to pay the travelling charges to the professional. Also remember that whenever your systems needs a professional for any modifications or support you need to again pay the installers an extra amount.
Complexities of Security Camera Systems You Opted:
The complexity that is involved in the Security Camera System setup will dramatically affect the camera installation cost. For example, if your surveillance system needs to be connected by a lot of wires through the wall to connect to the long distances.
Then the installation cost will be higher for sure. Also the multiple numbers of cameras and multiple viewing stations will also increase the complexity. Hence it will also result in the higher cost of the installation.
Monitored or Unmonitored System Services:
Although an extra security service provides 24-hour monitoring and other upgrades at a monthly fee, there will be added complexities to the surveillance system. So, more complexity means more money for installation.
Motion Detectors are most important part of a comprehensive security system. Because they reduce power requirements and can be used to alert you whenever they detect unusual motion. Also they are very much useful for monitoring service of a potential problem.
A typical motion detector camera will cost less than a standard one, running about $15 to $150 along with the installation costs. Whereas the average cost of installation for a standalone motion detector is between $20 and $50.
Security System and Equipment Prices:
First of all make sure yourself that you are looking for NVR or DVR to record the video in your home or not. You would like your system to be monitored or unmonitored.
Then you can go with either a CCTV or IP system and the type and quality of cameras you end up purchasing. However, these systems also results in installation cost anyways.
For Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) Cameras:
The Closed Circuit Television Cameras works independently of the internet connection. Also the cameras will record video and store them in a safe location. These recorded videos can either be monitored locally or store video on a physical Digital Video Recorder (DVR).
The installation cost of CCTV packages start out as little as $70 to $340 per camera based on the additional features, like high definition image quality and larger digital storage. Moreover the business and larger homes will use these types of cameras.
Furthermore, you have an option of connecting the DVR to the internet. So that you will be allowed remote viewing but also opens it up to hacking.
Depending upon the Types of Security Cameras
According to the type of camera you use also affects the cost of installation. Because the different styles of camera will need to be mounted on different locations and for different security purposes.
Type of the Camera
Features of the Camera
Dummy or Fake
$10 — $15
they don’t record
$80 — $100
designed to mount
the security camera to a ceiling.
Also it can offer
both a wide field
of view and options
$100 - $150
can be fixed
from a photo
frame to a smoke
And they have
common use in
They will be
available in small
size and in any
$20 — $100
Mostly these box
durable and visible.
Their use is
Indoor Security Camera and Outdoor Security Camera:
Just as the difference in use we find in indoor security and outdoor security camera. The cost of installation between indoor and outdoor surveillance security cameras differs. Because indoor security cameras need not be weatherproof.
And they often have a limited range and resolution. Furthermore, the indoor security cameras will comes in smaller variety of styles like hidden, bullet, or dome styles.
Whereas the outdoor security systems require better visibility and durability in order to deter criminal activity in possible ways. Typically, the security cameras that are to be installed outside the home can see farther and will have high resolution feature.
This result in installation costing an average of the outdoor security cameras is $100 each. On the other hand the indoor will also subject to the average cost of $100 to install.
Well the resolution of a security camera is measured in television lines (TVL in short). As you can see they are often advertised more commonly as 480p, 720p, and 1080p resolution terms.
So, we all knew that the higher the resolution, the higher the price will be and also the clearer the image will be. So depending on your needs you need to decide what resolution is best for you.
Low Resolution :
For the security cameras with the resolution anything below 1080p definition the average installation cost around $100 each.
As the security camera with low resolution are useful for areas where details, like faces and writing, aren’t really necessary. To monitor what kids, teenagers or a housekeeper are doing, low definition is the best choice.
For the security cameras with the resolution at or above 1080p definition will add an additional installation cost. So, the average cost for these kinds of security cameras is $100 to $300.
When your requirement is to get a clear picture of a person, license plate, or another identifying mark, you should definitely go with a higher definition (HD) security cameras like 4k security cameras. This high resolution system is very much useful for monitoring any entry points to your home.
Moreover, the higher resolution means more bandwidth and larger file sizes, requiring more significant investments in video storage and installation. So, you need to call a professional for installation of these systems.
For Internet Protocol (IP) Security Camera Installation:
Internet Protocol Security Cameras i.e., IP Security Systems are almost always wireless and can be connected directly to the internet. Actually these are one of the choices for DIY installations.
These cameras will telecast the video over your local network and store those recorded videos digitally on a Network Video Recorder (NVR).
However, this makes them prone to both hacking and internet outages. IP systems can be easily configurable and expandable. As they come with better features, like high resolution and night vision.
Field/Angle of View:
Depending on the layout of your home or business areas, you may need wide-angle cameras in some areas and narrow angle of view in others. However, there is no real cost difference in buying a wide-angle camera and a narrow angle.
Due to the reason that wide viewing angles are typically used for covering large areas, like an open yard or parking lot, you will need fewer cameras. So, the fewer cameras mean the lower cost of installation.
Whereas the narrow viewing angle cameras can cover specific targets, like doors, gates, and windows. This will subject to opt for more number of cameras. So, again the cost of installation for this narrow viewing angle camera is higher compared to wider viewing angle cameras.
Night Vision and Infrared Illuminator
Standard night vision of a security camera is nothing but the amplification of available light, like moonlight and streetlights that can be useful to record the video footage even in low lights.
On the other hand the Infrared (IR) imaging uses the infrared light given off by heated sources. Although this light will not be visible to the human eye, an IR camera sees it and converts it to the visible light spectrum to record the video with clarity.
It shows that IR Security Camera can work effective than the standard night vision ones. It means the installation cost for IR feature infused security camera is more than the night vision security camera.
Monitored Security Services:
Monitored Security services will range from $30 to $65 per month along with initial setup fees ranging from $0 to $200. However, these monitored security services add an additional layer of protection to your home security system.
The most trending monitored systems are almost wireless. They will provide smart home features, like remote heating, remote lighting, and even door lock controls.
Because of this additional monthly charge will be applied as your home will be monitored 24 hours a day and alerts you instantly to any disturbance including fire emergencies.
Cameras with microphone or two way audio setups are costs more than those security systems without audio capabilities. Actually adding these audio or microphone setups after a system is already installed is easy and inexpensive.
The cost of installation ranges between $10 and $30 each. There are some states which are having two-party consent laws for recording conversations. In most of the states, it is legal to install a hidden camera with audio on your own property.
However, in some scenarios, the audio may be considered wiretapping, and could be illegal in your state. So, we recommend you to cross check your state code before installing a camera with audio built in.
Depending on several factors the labour required for the installation of your system will charge you with various costs. If you had chose a professional monitoring system, many installing factors will include the setup and labour fees in their initial contract. This normally includes first and last month’s payments up front, around $60 in total.
However, if you choose to have a company set up your system for your business security purposes, the cost runs between $75 and $100 per each camera, as most of the people were opting for a minimum of 4 cameras per household.
The cost is charged differently depending on whether you are setting up a wireless security system even like solar powered security cameras or wired security system, and the location of the cameras themselves.
Enhancement and improvement costs:
- Mini cameras are also available in the market. So, that, you can simply set them on a window ledge or piece of furniture for interior monitoring. They may cost around $30 each.
- There are some cameras which has a built-in microphone. This can be useful in surveillance systems, as it can assist the police in finding a perpetrator. But the Microphones generally add around $20-$35 to the cost of the surveillance camera.
- Some of the surveillance cameras with built in apps will have an option for lighting that you can switch on through remote control or the app itself. As they will allow you to see the area better over your monitoring system. Generally, these type of security cameras will cost between $20 and $50 more than comparable cameras without the feature.
- For suppose you are using a wired security camera system, having the wires that are run inside the walls. This may give you a more aesthetically pleasing setup. But the cost for this wired security systems will be usually higher, ranging up to $1,000 depending on the length of the wire.
Hence, these are all the factors that can increase your chance of having higher cost for the installation of your surveillance systems. And there are other considers and costs in which you people should be careful for installing a security camera system. So, check out the below section to get the info in detail.
Additional considerations and costs
- Some cabling or wiring that can be run through the attic will cost at a lower prices than running it through the walls.
- While the user can get a break on their homeowner’s insurance for the reason of having a surveillance system installed. But most of the insurances will only cover you people with professional monitoring and installation.
- DIY installation of 4 surveillance security cameras wirelessly is very common and it costs only around $240 for the whole setup.
- Hiring a licensed professional for installation of your system can help guard against mishaps. And also most of them carry their own insurance against potential issues.
- Speak to your monitoring company or installation professional about your security needs. Then they may suggest you with the right camera system.
- Most of the security cameras with in-home monitoring allow you to view the feed on your tablet or phone at free of cost. However, some professional monitoring companies may charge you an extra fee of $10 per month to view the same feed on your own.
Average Cost for CCTV IP Security Camera Installation:
- The average cost for installing a residential and business security surveillance cameras is $1,511.
- In order to give you people with more information on the CCTV IP camera installation or fitting cost, we have provided some details about surveillance security camera and system installation prices
- Usually the 3-4 cameras CCTV outdoor security camera system full setup and installation including security camera installation labour cost will be charged around $1,000. Whereas the 8 security camera system installation fees may cost you from $2000-$4000.
- The average security camera installation cost in schools: the installation cost of a standard resolution surveillance system for school application ranges from $500 to $1000. Whereas if a school needs a full security system with multiple cameras then it would cost $10,000 to $20,000.
- The average cost of security camera with NVR or DVR installation is $168.
- On an average the installation fees or you may find it as security camera system installation service of 4 hours with licensed electrician may costs between $260 and $340.
- The charges for installing a 2 outdoor and indoor security cameras with an LCD monitor is about $450.
- If you want to install a burglar alarm system with PIR sensors, Analogue cameras, door & window sensors. Then the installation cost of the burglar alarm system would be much higher than IP camera models.
- As discussed earlier the camera types and location will also have a great impact on the final security camera installation prices and costs. You can go through the above table which was in the section of types of security cameras to check the cost of security camera fitting and installation.
Security Surveillance Camera Systems Installation Cost in US, Australia, UK, Canada, India:
Let us discuss in this section about how much it will cost for installation and maintaining security cameras in schools, at home (or for business) in USA, Australia, Canada, UK, India. So that you will have an idea regarding the security camera installation cost is in your country.
- For the 4 Camera Video Surveillance systems, the security camera installation cost in Auckland, Los Angeles US will be about $775.
- According to the number of cameras you choose and whether you would like to add NVR or DVR , the security camera installation cost in UK ranges from about $150-$1200. On the other hand for 8 camera system the installation fees tend to be about $500.
- In Toronto Canada, a 4 channel professional surveillance system installation fees would cost about $1500. If you want to add 4 more cameras in the future, the fee would be doubled.
- In Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Sydney, Perth Australia, installing a 2 camera system or pack with NVR by licensed installers will cost the user about $550. If you want to add more cameras further, then depending on the number of the cameras you would like to add the security camera installation cost will be about $200-$300.
- Coming to the security camera installation cost in India. If you are looking to install 2 dome cameras with the wiring in your 100-200 square feet property with standalone DVR or NVR then you may be charged with Rs. 10,000.
Therefore, this is how the installation cost of a surveillance system varies depending on various factors. Hope you guys get benefited with this information. So, be wiser in thinking about the installation of a Surveillance system in your home or business areas.